Skip to content
New Player Information
- Call ahead before coming to the field.
- Call ahead before coming to the field. Call either:
- Lloyd Grantham (941) 792-5576 or
- Wayne Kopp (941) 345-4652 (Land line, DO NOT send TEXT)
- Bring your glove and shoes (no steel spikes) to the field. If you do not have a bat there will be some available for you to use
- Team shirts will be provided during league play. Hats and sun glasses may be needed due to the constant bright sun.
- Please keep us informed of your plans (arrivals, departures, vacations, injuries and illness) as we do have concern for each of our players.
- Please call Wayne Kopp or one of the other board members to sign-up or if you have any questions.
- Let us know when you are coming to Bradenton and we will most likely need you on a team and get you into a game. You can contact Wayne Kopp at firstname.lastname@example.org
League Schedules and Fees
- There is a separate fee for each quarter of the year. It is determined by the budget of Manatee County Parks and Recreation and the BSS board.
- January through March is estimated to consist of a Monday Recreational league, a Tuesday Competitive league and Thursday Competitive and Recreational leagues.
- All other seasons' fees are adjusted for players available and fields needed.
Fees are always subject to change due to ongoing negotiations with the Manatee County Parks & Recreation . Fees always reflect the cost of the fields, balls, shirts, insurance, line-up boards, first aid its, etc.
- Annual banquet expenses are usually covered with a separate charge.
- Recreational softball is organized in four seasons of play. Organized league play begins on the first or second Monday of January each year and continues until April 1st.
- All teams can have up to 20 players but usually consist of 12-13 players.
- Competition is scheduled Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
- Each team's daily schedule includes a double-header beginning usually at 8:30AM with two 7 inning games.
- League play is at G.T. Bray Park quadplex (just off 59th street W ar 33rd Ave Dr W).
April through December we have pick-up games scheduled two days a week and are played at either G.T. Bray Park or Palma Sola Park (40th Ave W just off 75th St W).